Meet the Team – Our Team is Your Team
Our team’s goal is to make accounting, bookkeeping and accounting technology easier to understanding and the whole process more friendly.
We clarifies number and turns data into insights to help you make better, faster, more efficient business decisions—each and everyday.
Meet Lozelle Mathai
Founder of Body of Accounting
Lozelle’s goals as the founder:
- Is to pick up where the health, wellness and alternative medicine education may have left out in the subject of bookkeeping, accounting, accounting technology and financial management
- Is to the take what she learned from these successful organizations that she worked at and apply them to the health, wellness and alternative medicine industry.
The moment of joy with her clients:
- When clients experience the “Ah-Ah moment”, as they begin to understand all the elements of their accounting and bookkeeping cycle , how accounting technology makes a big difference, and reality of controlling their business finances and growing their business
- When Lozelle is not working, you can find her belly dancing, going to Crossfit, enjoying a massage, watching The Golden Girls and spending time with her 3 superheroes.
- Candidate of a Doctoral of Business Administration (DBA) in Organizational Management.
- Holds 2 Accounting degrees,
- MBA in International Business
- Certification as a Financial Education Instructor.
Prior to opening “The Body of Accounting”:
- Lozelle worked in Finance and Accounting in various capacities for over 18 years. This included dealing with month and year end closing procedures, payroll processing, fraud analysis, medical billing, development of process, procedures, workflows as well as budget and forecast planning and financial analysis.
- Currently, a contributing editor on finance and accounting for Massage Magazine.
- Worked for a number of Fortune 500 public companies. Companies such as Estee Lauder, Coach, PVH Corp and LVMH Moet Hennessy
- Worked as a billing manager, responsible for 15 providers within 3 locations and a billing and coding staff of 10.
Why is this industry so important?
Lozelle depends on each section of the industry to not only keep her healthy but also to provide harmony in her busy life.
Why is health and wellness important to Sarah?
- Being proactive in her own health and wellness is very important and has always just made sense to her. Sarah love starting her day with Qigong, followed by a long walk with her dog.
What does Sarah do for fun?
- Sarah interests include sailing, kayaking, biking and hiking.
What does Coco do for fun?
- Coco loves to run, play, and roll in the dirt. She brings joy to everyone that crosses her path.
Why is health and wellness important to Deborah?
- Health and wellness is important to her because she know it plays a vital role in longevity.She has watched a number of family members pass away early in life, because they didn’t listen to their bodies.
What does Deborah do for fun?
- Deborah enjoys traveling both stateside and internationally. She especially love sitting on the beach and listening to the waves; it’s very soothing and relaxing. Lastly, She enjoys spending time with my friends and family.
Why is health and wellness important to you?
Being proactive in my own health and wellness is very important and has always just made sense to me. I love starting my day with Qigong, followed by a long walk with my dog.
What do you do for fun?:
My interests include sailing, kayaking, biking and hiking.